Certified Executive Coach
Equipping employees with powerful insights and accelerate their career progression
Executives working for a company play a major role in the success of the company's business objectives. They have a great impact on the company's culture and success. The goal of an executive coaching program is to equip employees with knowledge and skills that lead to the professional upgrade of employees. As a result of skills developed after an executive coaching program, employees are able to work better and efficiently deliver.
Executive coaching programs prove helpful to employees when they want to pursue role-specific or are in search of leadership training.
Why Executive Coaching?
- Choosing and committing to a purpose
- Building clarity of what is
- Learning through practice.
- 6-12-months retainer
- On demand sessions
Executive Development Goals
- Self Confidence
- Communication Skills
- Managing Performance
- Develop Organizational Culture and Leaders
Coaching will help leaders adopt new behaviour to access scale and success. They must be strategic, manage team engagement, handle change, take risks, innovate and undertake coaching for leadership development to increase client and organisational efficiency.
Promotions, lateral transfers, cross-functional opportunities and onboarding new leadership changes is different for each organization. Coaching will help you adapt to the changing needs and environment, setting you up for early success.
The intense demands that executives take self-renewal seriously. Leaders must be able to expand their overall executive endurance and capacity. From calendar management to building greater team leverage, ruthless prioritization and self-care routines, coaching helps leaders to manage themselves so they can be their best versions.
According to Arvind Khinversa, the role of an executive coach is beyond a mentor. A certified executive coach helps employees to understand themselves from multiple dimensions. The executive coach will assist in identifying various challenges and opportunities.
With the valuable perspectives of Arvind, you will be able to identify the blindspots clearly. You will also get an understanding of your skill sets and know the resources that can bring you closer to your career goals.
360-degree feedback given by Arvind at every step of the journey helps participants to perform better than before, make more informed decisions, and ultimately flourish in their respective fields.
Nearly everyone working as a professional could benefit from executive coaching programs. With the employees' progress, there is simultaneous progress in the company's success.
Why get an executive coaching?
As mentioned, executive coaching can be opted for by every working professional. With the help of an executive coaching program, goal achievement and business performance are accelerated. The resultant success leads to a positive attitude, boosted motivation, more confidence, and positive relationships. Executive coaching has been extremely helpful during career transitions.
Choosing and committing to a purpose
After the training, you are able better to understand the critical factors in the professional work environment and bring behavioral changes that help to work positively. You become an integral part of the network of aspiring leaders and discover the keys to your future impact.
● It helps companies through periods of transition like leadership change or foray into a new market.
● Helps identify both the individual and collective weaknesses of an organization
● Helps improve productivity.
● Helpsin goal-setting
● Better decision-making.
1. AWARENESS: The coach and executive team meet to discuss goals and possible outcomes.
2. ANALYSIS: The next stage is assessment. It includes an assessment interview, interview with shareholders, and identifying the leadership profile of the executive through various tools.
3. ACTION: This stage specifically focusses on the changes the executive needs to make for achieving individual development plans
4. ACHIEVEMENT: The last stage is an achievement. Client Feedback is taken from shareholders through surveys. This feedback is discussed with the executive and if necessary changes are suggested.